With the advancement of the new coronavirus pandemic and the insufficient production of masks, the population has sought more information about the production and use of homemade protective masks.
In most cases, the virus enters the body through the mouth or nose. The role of masks, in this way, is to prevent the spread by droplets of those who are contaminated, providing a physical barrier of containment. In addition, the masks also function as reminders to prevent you from getting your hands on your face.
Unlike surgical ones, homemade masks can be reused after cleaning and are easy to produce. Therefore, the Ministry of Health started to encourage its use and provided some relevant recommendations that everyone should pay attention to.
Are home masks really safe?
As per the Minister of Health, Luiz Mondetta, natively constructed covers give a transmission boundary as effective as N95 and careful ones showed for emergency clinic use. Nonetheless, it is important to follow a few suggestions.
Recommendations for the production of homemade mask:
- The homemade mask must be for individual use. So don’t share them with anyone.
- They must have at least two layers of fabric;
- Homemade masks should preferably be made of Priceline, TNT, or cotton.
- Masks must cover the entire length of the mouth and nose, without leaving empty spaces around.
- Use rubber bands, hairpins, or other materials that can be used to attach the mask around the ears or around the neck.
In just 5 steps you can produce your own homemade protective mask.
- Separate the fabric you will be using. Make sure it is large enough to cover the entire length of your mouth and nose.
- Fold it in half, so that the protective layer becomes thicker.
- Then, attach two elastic bands on the sides, leaving a space for a little fabric to remain on the edges.
- Fold the remaining fabric inwards so that the elastic serves as a kind of loop on each side.
- Attach the mask to your face using the elastic bands around your ears.
Recommendations for the use of homemade masks
Do you need to leave home to go to the market or the pharmacy? Don’t forget to put on your mask and take an extra, properly sanitized, in a plastic bag.
The Ministry of Health recommends that every individual has in any least two masks so that it is possible to change them every two hours. Likewise, if your veil begins to get sodden from breathing, change it right away.
But beware! When changing masks, clean your hands with gel alcohol. And never remove it from the front, but by the elastic band attached to the ears or the loop attached to the nape of the neck.
Recommendations for washing homemade masks
In the wake of getting back, clean your masks right away. As indicated by the Ministry of Health, cleaning ought to consistently be finished with blanch or cleanser, leaving it to soak for 20 minutes.
It merits recalling that the utilization of masks is just one of the wellbeing proposals to forestall the transmission and infection of the coronavirus. Moreover, washing your hands or utilizing liquor gel at whatever point you contact any surface that might be polluted, stay away from welcome with kisses and embraces, and receive a base distance of 1 meter for others are other hygiene and decorum habits that dialectologists recommend during this period.