Muscle strain or pulled muscle is a common problem. The Muscle strain is then. When there is too much strain in your muscles, they burst. Muscle strain can cause swelling, tension and pain. And can happen to any muscle and anyone regardless of age or gender. However, it usually affects your back, neck and shoulders. Muscle strain is the result of excessive fatigue or muscle misuse. If you have a Muscle strain or pulled muscle. So you can easily treat a pulled muscle problem at home with simple and inexpensive home remedies. Which we will consider in this article. So now let’s take a look at some home remedies for muscle fatigue.
Home Remedies to Treat Muscular Strain
Ice is the easiest and quickest way to treat muscle strain. Because ice is a very effective anti-inflammatory and painkiller. Therefore, applying ice to the affected area narrows the blood vessels. And reduce blood flow to the affected area. As such, it in turn helps reduce inflammation and pain.
- Wrap a handful of ice cubes in a towel.
- Then apply it to the affected area. And leave to work for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a day for the best results.
Hot water compress
Hot water compresses are another home remedy for treating muscle strain. It reduces muscle cramps and ligaments, stiffness and nerves. And helps relax the muscles. Thus, a hot water compress works to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Take a little warm water. And soak the towel in warm water. Drain more water.
- Then apply it to the affected area. And keep for 10 minutes.
- Thus, repeat the process several times a day
- However, you can also take a hot bath.
Epsom salt is one of the home remedies for treating muscle tension. It can help relieve muscle pain. Because Epsom salt is made from magnesium sulphate. Which helps to remove excess fluid from the tissues. Thus, Epsom salt reduces inflammation and pain. However, in addition, fibromyalgia, or minor injuries, is considered the best treatment to speed up healing.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water. And add two cups of Epsom salt in it.
- Then immerse yourself in this water for half an hour.
- Thus, repeat this process several times a day.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for muscle strain. This is actually due to the anti-inflammatory and alkalizing properties of vinegar. It helps reduce muscle pain and inflammation.
- Add two cups of apple cider vinegar to your hot bathwater.
- And then let the affected area of your body remain soaked in it for 30 minutes.
- Repeat this measure 1-2 times a day for a few days.
- Also, mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water. And take it once a day for a week.
Clove oil is a great home remedy for muscle strain. It has been used for centuries to treat pain. Because it has anti-inflammatory properties. Which increases blood flow to the affected area. Therefore, Clove oil helps reduce the pain and swelling of the muscles.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons clove oil.
- Then apply it to the affected area when it cools down. And gently massage for a few moments.
- Thus, repeat this measure two or three times a day.
Garlic is considered to be a very effective home remedy for treating muscle tension. Because garlic has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, it works to relieve pain and inflammation from the affected area.
- Heat the garlic cloves in two tablespoons of coconut or sesame oil over low heat.
- Then remove the garlic and separate the oil into a bowl.
- Then apply this oil to the affected area and massage lightly.
- Leave it to work for 2–3 hours. Rinse with warm water afterwards.
- Repeat this measure several times a day. Until you are completely healed.
Red pepper is one of the main home remedies to treat muscle strain. This is because of the capsaicin in this Cayenne Pepper. Which has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Therefore, when it is applied to the affected area. It creates a feeling of warmth. Thereby reducing muscle pain and swelling
- Mix one tablespoon red chilli powder with two tablespoons olive oil. And heat a little.
- Then apply it to the affected area. And gently massage
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.